Friday, February 10, 2006

This past week

Because I haven't posted in a while, I thought I would touch on a few things I've been cooking recently (or not cooking):

Really simple chicken. I bought some boneless skinless chicken breasts with the thought that I was going to make Jambalaya last weekend. Well, that didn't happen, so I had a lot of left over chicken and sausage. For the chicken, I frozen over half of it, but I took two chicken breasts and sprinkled (liberally) cajun seasoning on both sides. I placed them in a casserole dish and into a 425 oven for ~30-35 minutes until done (poke at them, they should be firm). I ate it with a huge pile of steamed sugar snap peas. I was planning on eating the left over chicken breast with a salad, but I never bought the salad mix. Perhaps tonight. :)

Speck and bread. I heart speck, it is my favorite Italian meat. It is basically a smoked and spiced prosciutto. I found a local store which sells it (the price is ridiculous though). I also usually have my favorite bread which is a round of toasted onion bread. I sliced two pieces of the bread (relative thin) and placed a slice of speck (well, two slices) and it was delicious. I ate with a little smoked Gouda and some steamed green beans. I had this two nights last week.

Pasta and vegetables. Basically the same recipe as below (2 posts ago), but I added asparagus and a lot more of the other veggies. I used a precooked smoked sausages which I cut into small-ish pieces and heated with a little oil. I then removed the sausage and drained off some of the fat. I then added the veggies (onions, peppers, and garlic first, the the asparagus, then the peas and spinach) except this time I used a lot more of them. I also used more red pepper flakes then I did that time. It turned out great, and I have left overs for at least 2 more meals, if not three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home